Captain Duff

couple of cheap mods

First, I was getting sick of the unlined glove box being a rattle echo chamber for whatever I had in it that didn't have a soft surface, so I got some A4 self-adhesive felt - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Self-Adhes...2&cmd=ViewItem. A4 is exactly the right width, and also allows room to do most of the horizontal surface in there (it wraps around nicely). I got a spare sheet given how cheap they are to do the sides (haven't got round to that part yet) and while I went for boring black, there are plenty of other colours available on ebay to match your car if you wish.Next I got some of this vibration dampening cheaper alternative to Dynamat - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1511201779...84.m1439.l2649 - and have found that just lining the spare wheel well makes a good difference (particularly with a non-resonated exhaust!) to the sounds/vibrations from the back. When I get time I intend to put a bit under the rear seats and wheel arches, although self-adhesive sound absorbing felt may be better for those areas due to its lighter weight compared to this rubber based material - has anyone else experimented here?

Sounds good. :+: I admit, I've not noticed a rattle from my glovebox, but maybe having a fire extinguisher in it helps. I have my boot floor and door panels covered in dynamat which was put in when I had my audio install done. I admit though I never noticed any vibrations from the back before that though.

Mine had. Took it to the dealer and they took the dashboard out. They padded all the cables around and it stopped. The rattle was exactly coming from around glove box but never found the reason. Now it's been sorted. Good luck with that. If you can not sort it out took it to the dealer and let them sort it out.

does the sound deadening material in the spare wheel well cut down the roar from the tyres? That is the only thing I have trouble with, the amount of road noise, although I know it is a lightweight car, it is very noticeable coming from a quieter car back to the GT86...