Sign in to follow this  
rob275

My Cars first service

So my car had it's first service today,Also been in for the following:Dodgy door seal,Squeaky Brakes,Gearbox going stiff again due to cold weather.Apparently all fixed and will be picking it up shortly,Door seal replaced,Brakes lubricated? :S lets hope they still work and i don't oil myself in to a treeGearstick plate readjusted.I was also unfortunately told that my suspension setup has been chewing in to my inside tyre wall.. only by 3mm and i doubt it will chew in to it anymore. Thoughts? :(

I had my service about a week ago and it came back with slightly corroded brake pads :-/ but nothing to worry about - I also reckon I've got a very slow leak in my rear offside tyre because I have had to top it up from about 27 back to 35 a couple of times recently - suppose I should get that sorted

Well my door seal is fixed, brakes also not currently squeaking! and my gearbox currently feels a fair bit better.The cut in to the tyre wall isn't that bad but i do need to decide on either spacers or new wheels!

Well my door seal is fixed, brakes also not currently squeaking! and my gearbox currently feels a fair bit better.The cut in to the tyre wall isn't that bad but i do need to decide on either spacers or new wheels!

I have a set of spacers somewhere that I bought for my winters, think they were 6mm, but I never bothered using them, you can have 'em if I can find them, should be in my garage somewhereAlec

Sounds like you need to sort out that suspension issue. That's not good! Spacers seem your likely option, am guessing you need about 5mm. James, the brakes always squeal, seems to be the pad material that causes it.

Let me know :)

Sounds like you need to sort out that suspension issue. That's not good! Spacers seem your likely option' date=' am guessing you need about 5mm.James, the brakes always squeal, seems to be the pad material that causes it. [/quote']Yeah I will do eventually, but like i told the guy at Toyota, they've been on for about 1500 miles, i'd imagine it's eaten away all it wants to now :P It's odd cos they turned freely when they were fitted.James, they still squeak as of this morning, they didn't yesterday. :(

That's hard to say Rob, it might only be rubbing in certain situations, when cornering hard in a certain direction, so it could continue to wear especially if you don't actually know why exactly it's rubbing, you don't know what and how much it's touching during what situation!

Yep found them, 4 x 5mm spacers for a GT86, bought them as my Scoobie Winters offset meant they would be 5mm further in, but as tyres were only 205s didn't need them. Are you going to the meet on Nov 9th I can bring them along thenAlecPosted Image