Sign in to follow this  
keelerad

Lauren Triangle

If anyone fancies taking a drive around the route we did at the weekend here's the mapPosted Imageand here's a video covering leaving Macc on the A523 Leek road, past the football ground, up the A54 and all the way round and back down the A537 into Macc (no diversion for the road being closed on this one I did on Tuesday). Video has some useful comments on where to be careful, it has a 720p version if you have the bandwidth.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rob4CKECFJ0

Alec

So this is being named after Lauren? Maybe I will create a driving roads page on the main website where people can submit their drives and they can name them after themselves haha.

LOL, Rob. This is my old 'training' route I used to use when I lived in Macc and I was racing. I tended to use the route a lot in the winter on weekdays when it was quiet. It's worth noting it's an anti-clockwise route that starts in Macc and follows the A523 and then uphill on the A54 from Bosley. Then along the top and down the Cat and Fiddle A537. The reason for this is that the A54 is getting on for downright dangerous on the downhill and the Cat and Fiddle is much more fun on the downhill IMO. The A523 is just a bridging road really a bit like the A5 part of the EVO triangle.