Sign in to follow this  
Captain Duff

Cheap Halfords trolley bundle

With the need to swap to winter wheels fast approaching, and wanting something better than a single jack, I have just got myself one of these nifty bundles from Halfords (in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes - the reserve system worked for once!) - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_899721_langId_-1_categoryId_255207Not the greatest quality for the various items I realise (I've got a seperate torque wrench for accurate tightening), but for what's included it seems a decent deal even so :)

That looks pretty good for only £50......hmmm.....tempted.....only problem is that I have a paved driveway which means it's guna be a biatch to move around on the creeper as the wheels will keep on dripping into the small gaps between the paving stones.

I have the same issue Keith, even using my trolley jack can be a pain! I must admit though i got one of their toolkits about 5 years ago when they were half price and every single piece is still going strong.

To be honest Keith I was just after a jack and a couple of axel stands - and as the seperate price for those comes to the same price as this bundle everything else is a pretty decent bonus in my eyes and so won't matter if in the case of the creeper it rarely gets an outing. In your case however, could you not just put a length of cheap plywood on top of your paving for it to run on?

Also, just to share, I got one of these recently - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-ALLOY-4-WHEEL-TYRE-STORAGE-COVER-TREE-STAND-WINTER-SUMMER-BAG-HOOK-RACK-NEW-/370826015283?pt=UK_Garage_Equipment_Tools_Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item5656f3f233 - fantastic bit of kit that does the job perfectly in terms of space saving and safe winter/summer wheel set storage and at a bargain price too :+:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-ALLOY-4-WHEEL-TYRE-STORAGE-COVER-TREE-STAND-WINTER-SUMMER-BAG-HOOK-RACK-NEW-/370826015283?pt=UK_Garage_Equipment_Tools_Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item5656f3f233 - fantastic bit of kit that does the job perfectly in terms of space saving and safe winter/summer wheel set storage and at a bargain price too :+:

You can also get a frame that bolts on to the wall, ideal if you need to keep floor space in the garage. Unfortunately all my walls are head to toe in shelves so i can't fit one in so my wheels are wedged between two motorbikes lol.

Also, just to share, I got one of these recently - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-ALLOY-4-WHEEL-TYRE-STORAGE-COVER-TREE-STAND-WINTER-SUMMER-BAG-HOOK-RACK-NEW-/370826015283?pt=UK_Garage_Equipment_Tools_Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item5656f3f233 - fantastic bit of kit that does the job perfectly in terms of space saving and safe winter/summer wheel set storage and at a bargain price too :+:

That's a really good idea. :+:

My spare wheels are hung on simple shelf brackets with pieces of wood on top of the bracket so there is no metal-to-metal contact.I did have them stacked at the back of the garage but in the end I figured they would take up less space upright on the wall than stacked - I can park my car "under" the wheels now rather than both taking up floor space...Otherwise, the kit looks like a good price but I have collected all of it previously so I won't need to buy it again!