Sign in to follow this  
CHOSENMAN007

BREAK SQUEAK

LOL, that's what these clubs are for dude, when most of us test drove or pick up our cars, we knew a hell of a lot more than most of the sales guys.....even to those who were lucky enough to the dealer only events to test out the GT86 before hand.In terms of induction, the stock one works pretty well, it's not that restrictive, and there are actually quite a few different intakes you can get, different styles but you'll find none really give that big of a performance boost (as its an NA engine), it's more about sound, but there are write ups by typically people in the states who compare with some dyno figures.....like this here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35125 but obviously take the numbers with a pitch of salt, they are running in different environments, different octane in their petrol etc etc.

A sound generator allows some induction noise to be piped to your cabin. Open your bonnet and have a look. It's entirely up to you what you go for in temrs of induction. You can drop a filter in or change the induction box, lots of options. Some are more money than others. Do they do much, in terms of power? Well I doubt it in all honesty. Mine is supposed to make 12bhp. Yeah, right!

LOL, that's what these clubs are for dude, when most of us test drove or pick up our cars, we knew a hell of a lot more than most of the sales guys.....even to those who were lucky enough to the dealer only events to test out the GT86 before hand.In terms of induction, the stock one works pretty well, it's not that restrictive, and there are actually quite a few different intakes you can get, different styles but you'll find none really give that big of a performance boost (as its an NA engine), it's more about sound, but there are write ups by typically people in the states who compare with some dyno figures.....like this here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35125 but obviously take the numbers with a pitch of salt, they are running in different environments, different octane in their petrol etc etc.

Mate awesome link! It seems the drop in filters do as much good as a full induction kit! But the Blitz product looks the best!

Yeah, and it's only about £30, just open up the stock intake box, remove the stock filter and slip the new one in!

Sound mate! Does that make a difference in sound? Also the sound generator where can i get those?Any news on when this meet is at abbey motorsports?

The filter made the car sound like it was breathing more loudly if that makes sense, but that could just be a placebo. As for the sound generators....no idea besides ebay I think!I'm still waiting for a reply from Mark, I'm hoping he can squeeze us in on the 12th but otherwise it might be on the 26th that I get my exhaust done/have a mini meet there.Since Lauren is going to be down in the area on the 12th anyways, I'm thinking maybe we should all have a mini meet anyways, whether it's at Abbey Motorsport or not.....maybe just the pub around the corner (Grasshopper is it?) I'm sure Rob will be around so I'm sure he can show us his "Triangle" :32 (18):

The filter made the car sound like it was breathing more loudly if that makes sense, but that could just be a placebo. As for the sound generators....no idea besides ebay I think!I'm still waiting for a reply from Mark, I'm hoping he can squeeze us in on the 12th but otherwise it might be on the 26th that I get my exhaust done/have a mini meet there.Since Lauren is going to be down in the area on the 12th anyways, I'm thinking maybe we should all have a mini meet anyways, whether it's at Abbey Motorsport or not.....maybe just the pub around the corner (Grasshopper is it?) I'm sure Rob will be around so I'm sure he can show us his "Triangle" :32 (18):

yes mate do it! the Sat the 12th is a good time for me! I have so many questions and seeing other cars with after market parts will give me a idea of what I want to do to mine. Either way I am up for it!