Scotty229

Hello from Aberdeenshire

Hey everyone!

I picked up my second GT86 about a month ago, after a couple of years without one I was on the lookout for a new toy, I had a look at a few different options, S2000’s and early Caymans, but for the age/mileage/condition of most on the market they were still really expensive so in the end I was back on the lookout for another 86.

My old one was red but this one is pearl white, love the colour when it’s in the sun, it looks amazing! It also has had the standard wheels painted in gunmetal which I think suits the car brilliantly (until I end up buying a new set of wheels! Haha!) So far the car is just as good as I remember, the only issue being a leaking can plate, but I’ve got a new torque solutions plate with the o-ring on it so hopefully that will fix the issue!

I’m heading on a big road trip in summer over to Germany. Heading down to catch the euro tunnel, then through Belgium for a tour of Spa and a track session there, before heading down to Stuttgart for a few days, will be going to the Porsche and Mercedes museums while we are there, and finally up to the Nurburgring for a few more days before heading home.

my only plans so far in preparation for summer are a new set of tyres (pilot sport 4) and new brake pads (performance friction z rated up front and cosworth streetmasters at the rear) to replace the squealing OEM pads! 

Scotty

0F7CB3B6-9A1C-4FB3-98D2-5D650B0194AC.jpeg

373EF514-E31F-455F-99D3-0C993DD2C3DC.jpeg

Hello Scotty, very nice - I like white.

Love your top photo.

We plan to go over to Belgium later this summer, always use the Eurotunnel. Not a road trip on your scale, but I do enjoy continental driving.

Welcome aboard. I absolutely approve of a Spa and 'Ring trip. It's been so many years since I was last at both of those circuits, arguably the two greatest tracks ever. Enjoy! :)