Sign in to follow this  
faith

Replacing the reverse lockout

Hiya guysQuick question, can someone give me an idiots guide on how to take off the current reverse lockout? because I want to replace it. Many thanks

FYI, the gear knob just unscrews, just give it a bit or welly. You may need to pry up the silver plastic surround at the base of the gear stick where the leather is attached to, then underneath that will be a couple of screws to remove the VSC buttons. There is a small allen key bit around the flange of the pully upper bit which you might need to unscrew I think (complete guess at this point sorry :32 (35):)

Again, bar the part about the gear knob, the rest are assumptions, you may not need to remove the silver surround at the base but I'm just assuming that because the pully flange part is attached to the leather part, that removing the base thus freeing up the leather would be helpful in some way. My part about an Allen key is all guess work but it's the same lines of what rob said about a security lock or something, all I know is that at the front and back of the pully flange part, there is a small hole at the front and back of it which I'm just assuming is maybe where this security locks / possible Allen keys are located. Interested in seeing what your going to replace it with!