Sign in to follow this  
James7

GT86. Supercharged by Abbey Motorsport. 285bhp. 2012

Toyota GT86. Supercharged by Abbey Motorsport. 285bhp - £15,450

Silver with half leather/heated Alcantara seats and Nav. 

The car has been upgraded and tuned by Abbey Motorsport, well respected experts in upgrading Japanese performance cars. It has a number of performance modifications but looks almost standard. 

Modifications:
Abbey motorsport are well respected experts in this area of tuning. Evo Magazine had a very positive review of one of their supercharged GT86 cars. That car was running a Sprintex Supercharger but Abbey moved on to recommending the Harrop supercharger as a superior product. (Harrop superchargers are used by Lotus in cars such as the Exige and Emira).

Additional detail on modifications:
Harrop Supercharger (£6k - Eaton TVS 1320), intercooler and stage 2 clutch fitted by Abbey Motorsport in 2016 - 238hp at the wheels which translates to around 285bhp engine power. (Stock GT86 is around 160 wheel hp on Abbey's Dyno)

AP racing front big front brake kit (£2.2K) - fitted 2016. Fits under standard wheels.

HKS oil cooler (£800) - fitted by Abbey 2017. This sits behind the drivers side front fog light opening.

Cat-less manifold and overpipe by CGR fitted 2020. Standard secondary cat is still in place, and it has always passed the MOT emissions test without any issues.

Subaru STi Group N (hard rubber) performance engine and transmission mounts fitted 2020. - better control, but no discernible additional NVH.

Cosworth sump baffle plate fitted 2020. 

This car has had significant money spent on performance upgrades. The standard car is well reviewed but lacks power and torque. These upgrades greatly improve engine response and performance. The standard car needs lots of revs to make any progress; this comes alive far lower down the rev range. The other modifications work well with and support the power increase. The modifications costs total in excess of £12,000 (excluding general maintenance and servicing costs). There is comprehensive history and documentation. I am happy to answer any queries.

Maintenance:
First Registered 22 September 2012 and currently on 63,400 miles. Last service and MOT in July at 61,626 miles. Also serviced at 10,992, 20,823, 35,974, 40,937, 49,995, 56,106 and 59,670 miles. 

The valve spring recall was undertaken by RRG Toyota in Macclesfield (well respected Toyota main dealer who are very experienced in modified cars and who Toyota selected as preferred garage to undertake the recall work on modified cars).

While in for the recall I also had RRG undertake the 60,000 mile major service, (items in addition to a standard service included spark plugs, diff oil change, brake fluid change, and pollen filter).

New discs and pads (AP J hooks and Ferodo DS2500 front / EBC rear discs and pads) fitted at the last service, so are almost as new.

Tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and have plenty of life left.

The air conditioning condenser was replaced in 2020 and blows nice and cold.

The bad bits:
This car is below average mileage and in good condition for its age, but there are some stone chips to the front bumper/bonnet and isolated minor marks to bumpers. There is a stone chip to the bottom corner of the windscreen. This has been repaired and is outside of the wiper swept area.

Ownership history:
The car has three former keepers. The second owner undertook the initial modifications (supercharger, Intercooler, Oil Cooler, upgraded clutch and AP brakes) before part exchanging it for a Lotus Exige in 2018 at Bell and Colvill (Lotus, Subaru, McLaren and Morgan dealer). The third owner purchased it from Bell and Colvill and had the car for less than a year, before I purchased it in January 2019.

The car will come with two keys.

This is one of several cars that I currently own. I have enjoyed using it but with young children and other cars, it is not getting as much use as I would like and so I am now looking to sell. Based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

Lots of photos on PistonHeads Ad.
Edited by will300
Added price to advert