Hi, 

Has anyone bought the Kenwood DDX920WDABS from Australia and installed it? I have just got it but found the head unit brackets don't match up and I can't get the steering wheel controls to work with the supplied Kenwood OEM adapter. 

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks 

I'm a bit late and I'm not sure how useful I'll be. I fitted the DDX919WS earlier in the year on a car without steering wheel controls.

I seem to remember the manual having some instructions for teaching the car what each button on the wheel corresponds to, it required a little bit of set up in the settings menu before they'd work basically. Apologies if you've already got that far and it's still not working!

The bracket was a bit of a fiddle, but I think I was just lining up with different slots than I expected and with a bit of test fitting I got there in the end. If you're still having trouble I can pull it out of the car and see what I did, they're probably fairly similar units.

5 hours ago, Bofu said:

I'm a bit late and I'm not sure how useful I'll be. I fitted the DDX919WS earlier in the year on a car without steering wheel controls.

I seem to remember the manual having some instructions for teaching the car what each button on the wheel corresponds to, it required a little bit of set up in the settings menu before they'd work basically. Apologies if you've already got that far and it's still not working!

The bracket was a bit of a fiddle, but I think I was just lining up with different slots than I expected and with a bit of test fitting I got there in the end. If you're still having trouble I can pull it out of the car and see what I did, they're probably fairly similar units.

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply. Yea I tried to program the buttons but the option is grayed out so i think the connector pins need to change or something. I got the brackets sorted thanks. 

Here the connector supplied with the radio. 

OzJSpDyRhYwkFUCGBnyGgFU78Fy6fUzd4gQVwQw6Yg6vAQiTq3ePP2O3-Z0sYka3LfJN6FxevXDNnzX8mVGCHxaaZMhcrewZ4FVVZg1xnqUPqwcKmYJWhj5_NE7fH24ESqLvbo-oGI5r0lkCmMbtItyoBbB5C-plk2Qz-UEm25e4vojiIw8STZ76VkwkedM58R6az4QxNCcS4p4xViTOGW9BYnRbKKZr-swLDjEa4wcnJ-Ugg7Fs5_CFCAKAJ-zKGZMWNW5Uyu8Elsho8ioOEs_f0L7YvRJfGqxejn4ULmTC3HEBpFIsMIsq9y8P6bBY3nVT8xHijN83W5tuTzKhPE8NsrLtCn6Asi0rrTuDkrNiFr9LhN-qno1NAkJakpoYg7N68vPXT7wNcyI-foYxzRbG28znpn5U7YPi066g5z_ig9hUCdfnE8eXXM2tk8T7BXf9c5fSOirieAX_Qg0_2zko32rwUOzixaPGyN53PUUnXF6zhNKA5aamqMPcpe7kFUZC3wCm__vCPZTUuLcrFPtcQ_v9UVtIP5FhPQL-tD2Jk9AZR00kyJGrr8HUHm9SuHW1JUFn_1Ye5Qb-uV0X77IfF18QzJnaIt7Cu09KxYiX3pQ76l5ch2CmWh77_NU04MTfaDOADOn-2X9ejoC9i8J2vWq7rycSBZyubCuq3CyQp_oV9QiZ22kRPVCa6gUrynkWK8pHyDmQj9UNiPc-Ll_gJdWk46NDF7b5Cn36OMroxtLadPAjUMf7_E1VMPXteTadvOPkx1WHiXZJ8diJ8oKSj7S-Cw=w766-h1020-no?authuser=0 

Glad you sorted the bracket. The only thing I can think of for the steering controls is making sure the handbrake wire is grounded or the handbrake is on if you've connected it to the right wire, that might open up the option.

If that doesn't work it could well be the connector that's the issue, either the pins are broken or they're in the wrong place.

The photo isn't working for me for some reason.