Sideways?

Topic Reply Notifications

Mine don't seem to be working... on the "other" forum when I write a reply to a topic it subscribes me automatically and then I get emails when there are more replies so that I can keep up... This forum doesn't seem to do the same and it is making it hard to monitor both forums - which I foresee is going to be especially crucial after the ban-gate saga...

Did it notify you ?

By the way I have issues with this editor window being disabled if I use chrome on Win7.

Firefox and IE9 on Win7 seem to work OK but not Chrome ?

I'll try updating this from the Mac and see which ones work

Alec

OK from the Mac running 10.9 from Safari, all icons seem ok

Firefox on Mac still OK

Google Chrome on Mac OK, so just the Windoze version of Chrome thats giving me grief.

Suppose I ought to try the iPod and the Nexus 7 as well

Did it notify you ?

By the way I have issues with this editor window being disabled if I use chrome on Win7.

Alec

Keethos had a similar issue, it seems deleting the profile fixed it (reason unknown)

Ok, just seem to get a basic editor on chrome on the nexus 7, got the full editor in Firefox on the nexus once I requested the desktop version of the site

OK back to chrome and found the request desktop option and get the full Editor :-) 

OK went back to Chrome on Windoze 7 again and it seems to have the editor switched off as the default, if you use the unlabelled light switch icon (the first one in the top row) this seems to toggle the editor widgets on or off

Alec

This should be a good test for Sideways to see if his notifications are working  :P

Yeah, I had this issue with my work Laptop on Windows 7, fine with IE10 and fine with Chrome at home with Win 7 too.  Like Rob said, there seems to be a problem with profile for Chrome on that particular PC/Laptop.  To correct this, I had to wonder into the location of the Google Chrome app files located here for me:

C:Users(YOUR ACCOUNT NAME)AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser Data

And it's the "Default" folder that I had to rename (of delete if you wanted to but I kept it just incase), then boot up Chrome and it creates a fresh new "Default" folder and this will start to work again.  The only problem with this is that it will forget your log ins and passwords etc so you'll have to log in manually to all your sites etc.  As for bookmarks, within that "Default" folder, you can just copy over the bookmark file and they will just carry across no probs.  No idea why this occurs but that's blunt solution.

Did it notify you ?

Alec

It notified me of the last response from Keethos, but not the intermediate ones... Possibly it thought I was still logged on or something...?

Otherwise I'm using I.E 10 at work, I've not tried Chrome at home but who knows...

We'll see if it sends any more notifications for any topics I'm subscribed to...!

I'm getting updates galore from the other threads I have posted in so I'm happy to say that the forum appears to be working like a proper forum now, and that makes me happy :-)

*performs a silly dance* :D