Sign in to follow this  
BRZ2

Vent Gauge

Ermm not liking yours gtb. It deletes the function of your vent and its only oil temp. Those p3 gauges are the bomb. Robs got one. Has everything, boost, temps, out side air temp etc. Can even do oil pressure as a option. All in one. No need to look at the other side of your dash like some other installations.

Ordered mine with my s.c. good piece of kit well worth it plus your vent still works and its more accurate as its digital. Best gauge out there I've seen for a minimalist approach. Google p3 gauges. Abbey fits these. FAO mark!

Actually GTB's does both temp and pressure and at the same time. Something that I wish the P3 did. Seeing as it has a bar graph and numerical display I find it weird that it wasn't thought of at the time.

SPA gauge as knightryder confirms does temp and pressure at the same time, comes with sensors and is digital and £190.34 delivered. Fully programmable upper and lower limits. Fitting kit £30 from scooby parts for temp and pressure sensors. The P3 kit came to nearly £800 fitted (with oil pressure upgrade option). This was on top of the supercharger price which I`m having fitted at Abbey next month and I just couldn`t justify it. I`ve saved nearly £600 and have ordered an OBD11 scangauge to monitor IAT and water temp plus 2 other selectable parameters for £118 delivered from Amazon. So total spend about £340. The Scangauge will sit on the dash hopefully or if not on top of the rear view mirror. In any case if your engine goes pop having a gauge won`t enable you to stop it, you`ll only be able to monitor gradual changes to tell something is going astray or use the gauges to tell your engine is fully up to temp before gunning it. I can modify my adaptor if need be to utilise the vent but at the moment trying it without.

Mate all good. You justified it well. If it works and your happy good drills. Well I've seen robs gauge and love it. And since my shopping list is big at abbey next month I want kit they have used before. I'm going power, lubes, look of wheels, gauge, manifold and stopping power.

Ha, no worries, I was going to self fit the SC but my drive is steep and not safe to do it there. I`m going intercooled SC. Already done wheels and bodywork plus lights. Waited a year for SC as had bad experience on reliability on an MX5. Now the Sprintex has been in the field a while happy to take the plunge.

Gauge £300 ish, then there`s oil pressure upgrade and fitting. I don`t dispute the pricing at all but knew I could self fit something for less.

Gauge £300 ish, then there`s oil pressure upgrade and fitting. I don`t dispute the pricing at all but knew I could self fit something for less.

To be fair it did take me a good 1-2 hours to install the pressure and boost fittings. The hardest part was getting the wiring out to under the bonnet.