Sign in to follow this  
speedy

Headlights cause Bluetooth to drop out?

This has probably happened 2 or 3 times now. Happily listening to some banging tunes on the standard stereo (something like a nice Neil Diamond, Paul Simon or DeadMau5) via bluetooth from my phone.Then I drive under some trees. This causes the auto headlights to turn on, and as the relay flicks on for the headlights the bluetooth connection drops out. I think it goes straight to 'audio off' mode, but i'm usually so furious with this interrupting the Foo Fighters (or the Archers podcast), that I haven't really taken that in. Either way, hitting the source button and then going back to Bluetooth brings it back to life again.Anybody else seen this? Standard head unit (with SatNav), iPhone bluetooth.I guess the headlights generate a large spike in the cars electrical system as they switch on, and it's enough to cause the headunit to freak out and drop the connection..

I have no idea what version firmware the headunit is running - the maps were updated when it went for its service, although I guess they are separate things?

I don't know - there is only the communication between the headunit and my phone going on, nothing else is talking.Nice to think i'm driving around in the bluetooth version of an EMP.

Pretty rubbish bluejacking myself. I'll have to try and narrow down the variables then and see if I can reproduce the problem. I suspect it's under higher engine load - with the A/C running, and going up hill, but I have no proof.