Sign in to follow this  
Maxt

ClockSpring Help - aftermarket boss

Hi there,

Firstly I hope this post is in the correct place.

I recently installed an aftermarket steering wheel with an Nrg Boss and Nrg Quick Release

I fitted the airbag resistors and I do not have any airbag lights come up. After driving the car with the new steering wheel after around 10 miles into each journey the ABS and Traction light come on permanently,

When I removed the stock wheel I slightly pulled some of the wires with it, the clockspring turned itself to the right, should this be able to move freely? Or have I broken the clockspring?

Alternatively could this be the SAS (Steering Angle Sensor)? I would immediately assume it to be the clockspring however it seems odd how the abs and the traction lights do not come on straight away and only turn on after 15 mins or so of driving.

I am trying to pinpoint the issue and was hoping someone on here would of Experienced this themselves.

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get yourself a VCI adapter and read what the error messages are or see if someone in your area has one. Using the VCI and the Toyota Techstream software you should be able to read the ABS ECU where these errors could be saved. 

Sounds like your steering wheel angle sensor, do you have access to a ECUtek dongle? If you do you can see the steering angle and see if its out.

Mine was out after a poor alignment and caused CEL, TS and ABS lights to come on after driving for a bit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk