alucardo

2 Policies

My insurance runs out in 8th Aug, I am currently with Admiral. They will not cover modifications so I am looking to move to another company. However if I can cancel I will loose a no years claim. Can i run two policies at the sam time so i can get the no claim?

Hi, if you've already done the mods and Admiral won't accept them I'm afraid your only option is to cancel with Admiral and find alternative cover. It does mean you'll lose that year's bonus in all likelihood.

best,
Nick

Admiral do allow mods (maybe they have certain ones that they don't?) - if you've not done them, I'd wait until August and then do the modifications. Alternatively, speak to Admiral and see if they'll cover you for the remaining 2 months with the mods?

Just so you know each years no claims only really saves you 30-50£ annually so if you can find cheaper insurance elsewhere which is likely as the mod insurers here for me at least were cheaper than standard insurance elsewhere then you are in the money by cancelling anyway 

I spoke to Admiral and they do not allow my modifications.

I may have to wait until Aug then to renew elsewhere. Thought that might be the case.

What modifications were you trying to add?

I'm also with admiral and haven't had an issue adding mods to mine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ah, they should allow those as I have full exhaust / manifold added to mine and had a quote to add a remap in the past and they never said it would be an issue.

Might be worth ringing earlier in the day too as I think after 5-6pm you go through to an offshore call centre which generally aren't as helpful I've found.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have emailed them in the past and it was a no but thought id chance it and they do not cover aftermarket modifications anymore and where asking for the car makers optional list.