KobayashiMaru

Organising Music

What's the best way? I've been so used to dumping music on a USB and it it just working the last few years, even if it plays in alphabetical order. But the 86 is odd. I normally have one folder for each Genre or album but the navigation between music isn't great and for some reason some tracks double, even though it's only on there once. If I could see it by folder it would be great. All I have is the option to play all.

Any ideas?

Me too. Downloaded Spotify playlists. I bluetooth them to the head unit (Clarion) but on long journeys when using sat nav I put the phone in a mount so I can always see the map while having control of the audio without faffing about with the touch screen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My problem is I have loads of music and don't really want to pay for a sub to Spotify. Plus some of my stuff is obscure. Guess I could just bluetooth off my phone

Edit: Just seen it's really cheap now so could be an option. But still won't cover it all.

IIRC T&G play tracks in file creation order. So with some app those should be set to match real track numbers in growing order.

I most often using artist>all tracks, or artist>particular album>all tracks. Folders names (if without Go) , or tags (if with Go) need some adjusting for all songs to go together as needed (eg. multi-cd albums should have same name, just track numbers 101..201..), or VA as artist name and real artist name in song title, if it's some soundtrack or other selection of different artists.