jevvy

Do i need to replace my studs for spacers

I have a set of rays and there is literally a 3mm recess for where the studs would sit if I used bolt on spacers. I know on the rear i could get away with 25-30mm spacers but probably only 20mm on the front. Would 20mm be enough for the wheel stud to not protrude out the spacer. I assume not? Does anyone have first hand experience at what width a bolt on spacer with exceed the studs. If not ill probably have to go for the eibach ones that come with replacement studs. Would the studs be fine to use with factory wheels after? Thanks alot and please only tell me if you know for sure ive done enough speculation already haha!

25 minutes ago, Varelco said:

I'm pretty certain that my 20mm Eibach bolt ons don't protrude out, the 15mm definitely do though.

how sure is pretty sure : ) ill try and find a video of someone puitting the 20mm bolt ons on and see if the stud pokes out at all becase if its more than a couple mm i will need 25 maybe

Why dont you jack car up , remove a wheel and measure lenght of studs? :)

That way you know for sure, i fitted 20mm spacers on front of my last 86 with stock wheels no problem, pretty sure no stud protrusion past spacer but get yours jacked up to double check.