Sign in to follow this  
jevvy

Current Gear indicator Automatic

I can set the gear shift indicator no problem have followed the youtube vids on how they get to the G-on   G-off part but cant seem to do it on my car so it tells me what gear the car is currently in, is this just how it is in the automatic? would be very strange if it was only a feature in the manual as you should remember what gear the car is in as you bloody put it there! Looked quite a bit but cant find any info. Really appreciate any help

it's definitely a feature on the auto too, I thought it was default to be honest as it was always there on mine (unless you are in drive rather than manual to which it will show D)

1 minute ago, Tareim said:

it's definitely a feature on the auto too, I thought it was default to be honest as it was always there on mine (unless you are in drive rather than manual to which it will show D)

so are you saying it only shows D in drive mode? and cant be changed to just show the current gear? : (

if you are in D(rive) it will stay showing D unless you manually change gear and it will start showing you the gear you are in until you stop changing gear and it reverts back to auto and shows D again

1 minute ago, Tareim said:

if you are in D(rive) it will stay showing D unless you manually change gear and it will start showing you the gear you are in until you stop changing gear and it reverts back to auto and shows D again

Lame as if im in D it means i dont want to pay much attention so it would be nice for it to tell me what gear its got me in but okay : ) If im in manual mode will the car auto shift up at like 7k revs or can u set it or will it just never shift?

Just now, jevvy said:

Lame as if im in D it means i dont want to pay much attention so it would be nice for it to tell me what gear its got me in but okay : ) If im in manual mode will the car auto shift up at like 7k revs or can u set it or will it just never shift?

if you are in manual mode the car will not change gear at all, you can bounce off the limiter until the engine blows. if you are in D and pull one of the paddles (or use the sequential stick to change gear) it puts it into semi-auto and will hold the gear for a little bit until it decides you're not going to change gear and then changes automatically

13 minutes ago, Tareim said:

if you are in manual mode the car will not change gear at all, you can bounce off the limiter until the engine blows. if you are in D and pull one of the paddles (or use the sequential stick to change gear) it puts it into semi-auto and will hold the gear for a little bit until it decides you're not going to change gear and then changes automatically

So as far as you know when in D it will only show D ive only had my car a week so i cant feel what gear im in just yet, i suppose ill have to drive it in M mode for a few weeks and get a feel for it

Just now, jevvy said:

So as far as you know when in D it will only show D ive only had my car a week so i cant feel what gear im in just yet, i suppose ill have to drive it in M mode for a few weeks and get a feel for it

I drove mine in manual 99% of the time so had more experience of that, I mainly experienced the semi auto mode on the 1st ever test drive as I started driving in D and was worried that moving it into manual on the move would damage it lol so used the paddles to change gear a couple of times and found out that it will eventually go back to auto after a couple seconds of not changing gear