kacpr

how to fix severe chipping?

Hi people, I've bought my GT86 this year, second hand and its front bumper is riddled with holes.

http://imgur.com/a/Mh26l

The most affected area you can see on the picture. My question is - how should I go about fixing that?
First option - I'm just starting in car detailing, so I could try doing it myself, provided I find detailed instructions on how to do it. I've got most of supplies already - polish, different grit sanding paper, wax. Just need to get the correct paint from Toyota.

Second option - leave this to a professional detailer, limit myself to smaller paint corrections like swirls etc. 

Thrid option - Respray. With that one though, I'm afraid they will try to charge me for doing more panels than necessary - e.g. spraying the bumper but also the hood and wheel arches to blend in. I'd like a nice looking car but I also like my cash in my pocket, so it can get spent on mods for example ;)

Can someone experienced give some advice?

They'd probably want to blend it at least, otherwise it will probably not match. I had a new bumper fitted last year, it already has scratches at least as bad as yours. :(

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

They'd probably want to blend it at least, otherwise it will probably not match. I had a new bumper fitted last year, it already has scratches at least as bad as yours. :(

Shi#... I feel for you mate. I still want to fix it on mine, I think I'll ask for some quotes first

@kacpr It depends how anal you are about the paintwork. Ginger is relatively easy to match so they shouldn't need to blend in. But as Rich said, they may want to just so that it's right first time (It doesn't cost that much more anyway)