Sign in to follow this  
86-Rich

armrest

hi guys i want to fit the armrest in my gt86,i was wondering if when you buy the armrest it comes with instuctions and the template? or is it just the part you get? and is it a hard job to do? not keen on the idea of drilling holes inside my car,but guess it has to be done 

I don't recall having full instructions with the armrest but visit this site here for instructions and guides for GT86 parts:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=1

or click on this link:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/d3c87f05-525f-48a6-862e-1d4964ae9c2f/GT86_Center_Console_Armrest_PZ435_10340_00_AIM_002_827_0.pdf

for the full instructions and template.

As Keethos said all instructions and stuff can be downloaded and printed out, there are no instructions printed and supplied with the part.

I fitted mine myself, it really isn't a difficult job provided you take your time. Drilling the holes is a little unnerving, but provided you use the template and follow the instructions, you'll be fine!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just print the last 2 pages like any other document but make sure you set the printing settings to print to scale rather than fit.  Once printed, just cut the top off the last page and over lay it with the first page of the template so they line up....simplez....the instructions are on the pages themselves....i.e. printing at 100% and where to cut etc.

Or if you have the luxury of a plotter at work, as I did, you can just print straight to A2 and have a full size, single piece template :)

As others have said though, it's super easy. 20 minutes if you're confident with a drill.

Easy job. First couple holes are crucial and a bit of a pain using the bracket itself as it has 3 guide pins on the rear which prevent you from sitting it flush until those holes are drilled.