S18 RSG

Be VERY careful who you buy parts from

Not heard of that place to be honest, but price is good, and quality looks good in pictures. Problem is, it's gonna be very hard to get an idea of their quality without trying one yourself. As long as they offer a good warranty I'm sure you'll be ok.

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think I'm going to just put up with mine until I can afford to replace it. :(

I assume finding someone to replace the flex joints is a non-starter?

Also, anyone tried or heard anything about these? http://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/store/product/171-rcm-brz-gt86-stainless-steel-tubular-exhaust-manifold Seems very well priced, £600 for a manifold and overpipe!

Looks like a Tomei copy to me.

Roger Clark motorsports are the home of the Gob stopper and Gob stopper 2 which just set the fastest goodwood Hill climb record. 

Agree with @Ade looks like a tomei copy (no bad thing) 

10 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

No messing around from this point forwards, I'll be getting a Tomei replacement.

So is yours suffering fro the same issue? You're at Fensport right now arnt you? 

Edit* seen you have the same issue on the other side :o

11 minutes ago, Ade said:

So is yours suffering fro the same issue? You're at Fensport right now arnt you? 

Edit* seen you have the same issue on the other side :o

Yeah. :(

20 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

I would doubt you'll get a reply. When I raised the Paypal claim, they said they had a virus on their email system, and weren't able to access email for the past 9 days. I've emailed them 2 or 3 times since, and they've never once replied.

I hope you have a better experience than I did. On that note, if you do get a response, please let me know so I can be sure their email system is working. That way I know they're getting my emails.

Will let you know.

Bit of an update from my end.

Managed to get the 1320 manifold swapped yesterday to a Borla UEL. No more whistle. Surprisingly, the Borla didn't seem quite as "pretty" as the 1320. Welds were a bit more untidy, finish was a bit dull, but none of that matters as clearly the build quality is far better.

I also got the impression that my 1320 manifold was causing some ECU issues. It felt like the car was being strangled a little bit at the upper RPM range, almost as if the small leak was sending some false reading to the ECU and causing it to hold the car back a little bit. With the Borla, the car feels really strong again. Mid range is back to how it was when the 1320 was first installed and mapped, but the whistle being gone is the biggest relief. 

I would also say that the Borla has a slightly nicer sound than the 1320. Perhaps the whistle blurred my perception slightly, but the Borla seems quite a bit deeper and more throaty, and with the pops and bangs it really sounds the business. 

Time to sort something out with the 1320 manifold now.