Steeps

Feedback for sprint photos

I'm just stating it how it is, you said that you quite happily give away and publish photos for free online but then played devils advocate about the right of privacy on other people's land. I do not have control over what other people publish so either the plate is covered and people can take photos freely, or we ask that only people with permission of the event organisers can take photos, restrictions can then be placed on what can be published and there's no risk of the plate being leaked on private land. I'd be up for that as I'd probably see a boost in sales, but it's not up to me.

I want people to buy them because they want them, if they want to take their own from public areas that's fine from me as that's what they want. Even if I dropped my price to £5 for the full set, as long as there's someone offering something (anything) for free I'm always going to lose out, so I need to improve what I do. Clearing number plates is a 3 hour job for half an entry list, so I'd have to sell 3 prints for individual cars who had to have their plates blanked just to cover that time.

The difference is, the "free" photos I take are always editted to take out the number plate, it's just common courtesy. They're also taken from the same area as the general public with the exception of the occasional events where I've had media access.

That's where you've got a big advantage. You can always get better pictures at TSS, but people still aren't buying because frankly, they are forced into one option or nothing.

As many people have said, buying 2 or 3 pictures would be a great attraction, and I've said I would be happy to pay £5 for 2 or 3 good photos of me driving, but you seem to think that's not the way to make money. I can only offer you my opinion, what you do with it is out of my control.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk