Sign in to follow this  
Donfrondo

Weird noise when reversing

Is it normal for the car to make a kind of deep grinding or rubbing noise when going in reverse? It sounds like it's coming from the back of the car, I'm thinking the diff? It's more prominent when going straight back, but still makes the noise when reversing round a corner. I didnt know if it was the locking diff. 

16 minutes ago, Donfrondo said:

Is it normal for the car to make a kind of deep grinding or rubbing noise when going in reverse? It sounds like it's coming from the back of the car, I'm thinking the diff? It's more prominent when going straight back, but still makes the noise when reversing round a corner. I didnt know if it was the locking diff. 

That doesn't sound too good at all! Is the noise only made when reversing?

The only thing I've evwr had wjen reversing is squeaky brakes...

Yea only in reverse, at first I thought it was a bearing, that's the kind of noise it is. But because it only happens in reverse I thought it might be the lsd. I know with locking diffs they make all kinds of noises in slow speed manouvers, didn't know if this was a similar thing.  

7 hours ago, Donfrondo said:

Yea only in reverse, at first I thought it was a bearing, that's the kind of noise it is. But because it only happens in reverse I thought it might be the lsd. I know with locking diffs they make all kinds of noises in slow speed manouvers, didn't know if this was a similar thing.  

Is its an aftermarket diff you have? If not i'd get that looked at.