Sign in to follow this  
Maxwellphillips

The Fast Show, Santa Pod, 10th April

Have to admit, I was pretty dissapointed by the whole show, spent 2 and a half hours queueing to get in, and 3 and a half hours trying to get out. Spent more time in traffic than in the show itself! Did I spot you in my rear view in the car park when we were all queuing and going nowhere? White GT86?

Edit: Just switched to web view and see it definitely was you. Did you scramble for the left of the field with everyone? 

It was like that scene from 2 Fast 2 Furious where all the tuners come out of the warehouse :lol:

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Santapod is the worse venue ever in my experience. Over priced, dreadful facilities and a big influx of the kind of people who would never advertise Essex in a good light. ;)

Hahaha, I will be honest, Santa Pod is the only venue I've been to for shows, as everything else is usually on when I'm away. So I have nothing to relate to. But I've really enjoyed the place in the past, but I'm not sure what happened on Sunday. Everything about it felt truly unprofessional. The car park situation was the worst for us by far. Got back to the cars at 3pm and didn't get out till gone 6:30. It wasn't helped by the fact one of the hired security decided to lose his rag and smash his radio into a guys car bonnet, making quite a big dent, and the subsequent shoving match which resulted. 

It's made me seriously consider whether I'll be going to any more at Pod this year. I can certainly understand why the club has no intention of showing there. 

There's been loads of comments and posts on the Santa Pod facebook and twitter with people airing their opinions about Sunday, but no surprise they've all been removed by Santa Pod admin. 

I've been to Santapod about five or six times and though I have had some interesting days there, the lack of facilities, getting in and out and the Essex contingent seemed not to help my experiences. ;)

There are tons of other events on at circuits where you can actually go round corners if you so wish, also there are loads of static shows at some really good venues. Look at JAE as an example. Japfest is at Silverstone which ought to be good. Hopefully something will coincide with when you're not away. :)

2 hours ago, Knighty said:

Have to admit, I was pretty dissapointed by the whole show, spent 2 and a half hours queueing to get in, and 3 and a half hours trying to get out. Spent more time in traffic than in the show itself! Did I spot you in my rear view in the car park when we were all queuing and going nowhere? White GT86?

Edit: Just switched to web view and see it definitely was you. Did you scramble for the left of the field with everyone? 

It was like that scene from 2 Fast 2 Furious where all the tuners come out of the warehouse :lol:

Ah yeah that was me, I was sick of waiting so I just legged it over there, ended up getting stuck in the mud haha, some lovely youths in an a3 kindly pushed me out. My friend came in from the north and flew straight in, not sure where you are, but I came from South westish, and it took me hours too. 

5 minutes ago, Maxwellphillips said:

Ah yeah that was me, I was sick of waiting so I just legged it over there, ended up getting stuck in the mud haha, some lovely youths in an a3 kindly pushed me out. My friend came in from the north and flew straight in, not sure where you are, but I came from South westish, and it took me hours too. 

Aah thought it was, yeah I almost followed but the ground started to get very boggy, very quickly, so decided against it and just parked up next to my cousins truck and sat in there till it died down. we saw everyone getting stuck and would have helped had my cousin packed his tow straps (Kind of wasn't expecting to use them, haha) 

We came from the North as well, M1 south to 16 I believe then on the A45, soon as we got through the Wollaston we were in traffic all the way to the gates. 

Glad you got out safe though mate!