Sign in to follow this  
Bail

LED Bulbs - Foglights

Hello All!

Been a while (too long) since I posted here, turned into a reader rather than poster but this was a GT weekend, she's cleaned polished and made like new again. A few weeks (months) ago I ordered a set of LED bulbs for the car, rear/side indicators, number plate and reverse are now all LED loveliness, similar brightness but for number plate and reverse a much more pleasing white rather than incandescent orange which matches the factory HIDs much better and the car looks more "modern" at night with LED I've noticed. I've even finally started fitting a proper DAB antenna as I spent so much on the proper Toyota DAB touch and go integrated unit, then never used it because the stick on antenna was naff.

But I digress.

The front fog lights now look ghastly. I had avoided doing anything to any of the front bulbs for fearing it may be a overly complex task for a simple bulb change, but having the side markers off I realise these and the front indicators are just behind the plastic wheel liner, a simple change. However some posts from 2013 crop up, but there was no definitive answer on which bulbs work best in the existing fog light housings. I don't want brighter, or further, just whiter looking bulbs and match the colour of the main HIDs, preferably in LED but I'm not fussed. Have people had issues with LEDs and heat causing issues with the housing/lens,  Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to swap out front indicator bulbs for LED that match the rears now so it makes sense to do the fogs at the same time.

Front foglights are a funny one and I guess why people haven't done much with them, is because they are hardly ever on, so whatever bulbs you put in are never going to be actually on. Well, maybe five minutes a year, by my estimation. 

Front foglights are a funny one and I guess why people haven't done much with them, is because they are hardly ever on, so whatever bulbs you put in are never going to be actually on. Well, maybe five minutes a year, by my estimation. 

Except on the poverty spec model. On mine they are the running lights....

Ah I see, forgot about that! Though his isn't.

But it's why I'm following with interest, as the fogs make fairly pants DRLs so quite interested in idea of swapping out for LEDs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk