Sign in to follow this  
Foulsmell

Showing multiple tracks

Hi all,

I have had a 16gb USB stick with plenty of music on it in the head unit for a while with no issues.

I popped it out and updated it with some new stuff.

Every new track I've put onto it is now showing in triplicate!?

All the old stuff is showing as normal.

I've checked the USB on the PC and it's only showing one track.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know how the headunits work with regards to memory, so this is just going purely off an idea of what could be wrong.

Maybe, the head unit has some form of RAM associated with external devices, and when it recognised the device it associated the track list in its memory with that device, as well as reading the new track list, meaning that it combined the two lists therefore duplicating a load of them.

If it were me, I would wipe the USB stick, plug it back in to the car when it's empty, then load the songs back on. Hopefully, the head unit will clear it's cache and associate nothing with the device, effectively clearing the buffered list and only reading what's on the stick.

Hopefully this makes as much sense typed out as it makes in my head.

I don't really know how the headunits work with regards to memory, so this is just going purely off an idea of what could be wrong.

Maybe, the head unit has some form of RAM associated with external devices, and when it recognised the device it associated the track list in its memory with that device, as well as reading the new track list, meaning that it combined the two lists therefore duplicating a load of them.

If it were me, I would wipe the USB stick, plug it back in to the car when it's empty, then load the songs back on. Hopefully, the head unit will clear it's cache and associate nothing with the device, effectively clearing the buffered list and only reading what's on the stick.

Hopefully this makes as much sense typed out as it makes in my head.

Lol cheers mate. I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk