Hi All

i recently purchased a Dashlinq 4 with the view of running the Defi Smart app on it...

IMG-20160114-WA0005_zpsw1kcjdmq.jpg

DSC_0038_zpsvkrbxzqx.jpg

Unfortunately it only allows phone connection via Bluetooth, and no 3rd party devices. 

The good news is if you are a "torque" user it will run this natively (provided using their bluetooth module)

I have had a good read around and decided i dont know enough about trying to root it and allow 3rd party bluetooth connections to work. though this does seem possible if you have the right skills!!

without this it really doesnt deliver what i want it to so going to sell it on and look at other options.  Gutted about this as it looks fantastic installed and screen is brilliant

Wifi dongle and GPS antenna included

Any questions let me know

£265

Neil, let me do some research to make sure it will do what I need and get back to you. Any chance you are doing the Bedford trackday?

Always been interested in picking up one of these, but every time one comes up for sale, it's at the wrong time (especially as I booked my car in for remapping about 5 minutes ago).

I'll have a think when I get home and see if I can justify spending even more money this week.

To be honest, while the diagnostic tools available on these kind of head units are cool, I just want to upgrade the standard head unit to something with DAB and Nav, two things I'm fairly sure this can handle with ease.

The torque app may get used sometimes, but it's not a major concern of mine. As an upgraded head unit, I imagine this thing is leaps and bounds above the stock unit.

There is a meet on the 13th in Walsall, fairly middle ground for the both of us. I'll be heading up regardless, but if you haven't sold it by then and you're free, I could have a quick look at the meet. If I decide to go ahead, we could sort something out there. If you get chance to sell before, then please go ahead :)

Neil, did you buy it new yourself? If so where from as these are out of stock on the ca-fi site, I was just looking at one of these at the weekend so tempted :-)

1 hour ago, DanJ said:

Neil, did you buy it new yourself? If so where from as these are out of stock on the ca-fi site, I was just looking at one of these at the weekend so tempted :-)

if you want a brand new one I think they are known as Dashlinq CT now

I think both CT and D4 are now out of stock and not to be available again as I also looked at new.

This one then came up so I bought second hand.

Must admit I was having second thoughts running Spotify on it when stick in traffic today. If only they hadn't limited the Bluetooth :-(