bassett

Bassett's GT86

Finally got the Speedline Turini's on, a long time coming (priorities shifted when I found out a little one was on the way). Really happy with how they turned out and will be interesting to see how these new Yokohama V105s perform. I actually got along with the Primacy's pretty well in dry, hot and even damp conditions but as soon as the temperature dropped and it got wet and greasy out I was definitely surprised on a few occasions. Hopefully the new tyres will be more predictable but still allow some now and again.

20170226_140907.jpg

20170226_133156.jpg

20170226_141007.jpg

I ideally wanted to go for a UEL manifold, but instead opted for a cheaper, quieter and more mot friendly option with a milltek overpipe and cobra decat front pipe. I was under the impression that removing the overpipe heat shields and with a bit of persuasion that it would pull out one way or another Didn't quite gp to plan and I found that it kept getting stuck against the manifold so the manifold came out which was so easy I kind of regretted not going UEL although I imagine the engine studs could be a pain after repeated changes come MOT time.

Stock front pipe with integrated catalyst and resonator

20170527_094034.jpg

The annoying overpipe and all its heat shielding

20170527_094042.jpg

Front pipe side by side

20170527_101205.jpg

Overpipe side by side (doesn't look it but the new one is on the right and the photo doesn't do it justice for how squished the original OEM part is)

20170527_111727.jpg

New shiny pipes (apart from the overpipe as that's second hand)

20170527_122758.jpg

On start up I didn't notice much of a change but once on the move you definitely hear it. The sound has changed from a slightly characterless deep tone to one with more of a throaty edge and a touch more burble. Performance wise it was only a shakedown to make sure there wasnt any knocking which it passed. I will see how the ecu compensates over the coming journeys and hopefully a few extra ponies will be released.

I know the outlay for the figures dont weigh up but i cant resist seeing how a remap brings the new parts together and it also offers a few nice extras.

Also thought I'd check my tyre pressures as the wheels have been on a few months now. I was very surprised to see 40psi on every wheel even when i had told my mechanic mate to use 35psi. I dropped them down to 33psi as a bit of an experiment and it's shaved the edge off the firmness, again like the exhaust it needs some more testing though.