Sign in to follow this  
goc248

18" wheel option on new ?

Hi All I'm new to the forum and looking to be ordering new shortly. i have read somewhere that will now be able to order 18" wheels as an option, as anyone else heard this or managed to spec 18" wheels on a new order ?

Hi All I'm new to the forum and looking to be ordering new shortly. i have read somewhere that will now be able to order 18" wheels as an option, as anyone else heard this or managed to spec 18" wheels on a new order ?

I think the 18" wheels are only available on the GT86 Aero unfortunately! Welcome along to the Club :)

I think the 18" wheels are only available on the GT86 Aero unfortunately! Welcome along to the Club :)

Unfortunately it isn't the very nice Ultraleggera OZ's anymore from September!

cheers for the reply's chaps, I must have been given duff info !!  may have to look at other options for wheels when i get the car.  Haven't ordered yet currently have my car up for sale and will be ordering when i have a buyer. hope to be giving good news soon  :)

Goc I thought I read the same somewhere as well. The toyota website mentions nothing and dealers generally don't seem to have a clue. The drive the deal and car wow websites also had the correct specs ie colours and options available before toyota site seemed to.

we are not dreaming it here it is !!

http://media.toyota.co.uk/2015/05/toyota-gt86-happy-new-gear/

New wheels and new colours lead the features list, with the range-topping Aero model running on gloss black 18-inch rims and available with a hot GT86 Orange paint finish. In line with customer preference, Aero is now exclusively available with six-speed manual transmission. The larger alloys are also newly available as an option on the core GT86 model.

Last time I was at my dealers I picked up a GT86 brochure - yeah I know that picking up a brochure AFTER you have bought the car is a bit daft - but I see they sell 'em on ebay for £1 plus postage so I was going to get mine free.

I'm not actually sure if my brochure is current or not - it's got "June 2014" printed on the back - hasn't got the Aero or the yellow one I can't spell in it - but has got the TRD - on 18* rims.

And as I said on another thread - my dealer currently has a white aero on their forecourt - with 18* Oz wheels carrying Yokohamas - shame it's an auto.