chunck

pearl white paint

Hey guys my poor car has had a fight with a steep incline and lost the battle which has unfortunately led to a scrape on the off side front bumper

The problem is I have a pearl white and I'm lead to believe its a 3 layer paint which i know is hard to match I was wondering if anyone has repaired this colour before and how easy it was to match

Also next question is I'm looking at TRD kits and wondered how well pre painted parts match I've seen some with huge colour differences just not sure if they used genuine Toyota parts does anyone else have info on colour match for the pearl white TRD kits

Thanks

Dan

It is indeed a 3 layer system. Brilliant white, followed by the pearl then a lacquer to finish. If you want a small amount to try get it from Hiroboy, which is a model shop in Tewksbury. In fact, the owner is Steve, a member on here.

You may be in luck??

I fitted the bootlid and spoiler off my '14 car onto my '12 car, both pearl white and the match is perfect.

I guess genuine Toyota parts will be better matched than aftermarket?

I guess genuine Toyota parts will be better matched than aftermarket?

That sounds like great news to me might be on my way to get the TDR body kit soon then

I might try get a friend at his body shop try repair it once I've tried touch it up

Thanks for the replays guys

YMMV is basically my experience with touch up repairs where I've had scrapes on the front splitter and rear bumper done. Neither is amazing really. 

Having said that apart from the rear bumper which is a totally different shade you don't really notice that much on the front. I think for your repair, it won't matter too much as it isn't in an obvious place.