Sign in to follow this  
remal

Problem with door

Seems my passenger door has dropped or is not fitted well. 

I've not noticed it since I had the car but was giving it a very good clean yesterday and notices a small chip of paint has come off where the door opens. 

I looked at it closer the the top of the passenger door is not in line. IE sticks out a little to much at the top and this has marked the paint when the door has been opened. 

I intend to take it to toyota this week but has anyone also had this issue?

Pics to show what I mean 

post-512-0-53151400-1428305704_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-22714500-1428305785_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-35985200-1428305800_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-61056000-1428305812_thumb.jpg

As you can see the drivers door is fine but the passenger is out a little and when the door is open it has touched the front wing and marked the paint. 

So Anyone else had this ?

cheers for looking 

Haven't seen anybody else have this issue. Clearly your door is not properly aligned, so it will need a visit to the bodyshop to sort it out and align it properly. 

Maybe it's a poor previous repair?

Nope, car was new when we got it, No damage to the car at all. 

I only noticed it when I seen the mark on the door from it rubbing. :(

I'm guessing you haven't had the car long then? That's poor alignment, very surprised that it got through quality control. Just take it back to your dealer, get them to sort it. 

It may not be door alignment, it's more than likely the wing has been pushed in. I noticed this on my car when I got it, brand new, how the wing doesn't line up correctly with the door.

If you fully open the door, get your fingers in behind the wing and give it a gentle tug you'll see just how soft it all is. Don't worry, if you pull it out too much, it goes back in just as easily. Don't let people lean on your car, especially the front wings.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your angle... due to all the legislation on safety the front of our cars are like paper and will bend out of shape easily.

I'm guessing you haven't had the car long then? That's poor alignment, very surprised that it got through quality control. Just take it back to your dealer, get them to sort it. 

I've had the car since Aug last year. It gets looked after and had only done 2500 miles but it was not until I noticed the chip I then looked at both doors and noticed they not not both aligned the same 

Seems daft I have not noticed it before bit it's not something you would expect or look closely at both sides 

My local dealer will be getting a call for me to take it in this week 

Right will give then a go shortly 

thanks again for the advice and comments all.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you at Jap fest 

It may not be door alignment, it's more than likely the wing has been pushed in. I noticed this on my car when I got it, brand new, how the wing doesn't line up correctly with the door.

If you fully open the door, get your fingers in behind the wing and give it a gentle tug you'll see just how soft it all is. Don't worry, if you pull it out too much, it goes back in just as easily. Don't let people lean on your car, especially the front wings.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your angle... due to all the legislation on safety the front of our cars are like paper and will bend out of shape easily.

WOW worked a treat and now looks 100% better 

Many many thanks