Mike

Bit of plastic missing?

Can someone do me a quick favour and take a look at the black plastic that's at the bottom of the windscreen where it meets the bonnet. From the drivers side wing mirror, you can't see into the bonnet but on the passenger side you can so not sure if a piece is missing.

Pic of mine is below - the plastic bits that are in the pic all have a corresponding bit on the drivers side but the drivers side has an extra piece which blocks the view into the bonnet.

plastic.jpg

Maybe its there to aid engine bay temps?

It would be interesting to see what the left hookers look like on the left side?

I've not opened my bonnet yet but going off http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/toyota-gt-86-easy-operating-hood-dampers-will-excite-your-engineering-side-79299_3.jpg (RHD) and http://www.stri-racing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/5/image/4c0dcc3e9e6925f5cad22dea1dc7a751/2/0/2012_frs_ehd_ins_logo_11.jpg (LHD) the bit that I thought was missing is attached to the bonnet and always on the drivers side.

Makes it a bit odd seeing as they obviously make both sides...

Yes, it is different on each side, but isn't it just an issue that the drivers side is a slightly different shape of moulding to allow clearance for the wiper arm when using wipers, or have I misunderstood the question/issue?

are we on about that bit of plastic that has got the lines going down it with the cut out? if so I have that on both sides

Yes, the flexible lined plastic thing is the same on both sides, but the moulding next to and just under the lip of the bonnet it is different (which I think the OP was meaning) - as I said I think it is just to do with making room for the wiper arm on the drivers side and then hiding the cutaway with an extra insert. In other words there is no missing pieces anywhere  ;)