LarsB

Problems with "cold" 2. gear

The gearbox in my car was terrible, could not even select 2nd at all within the first 5 miles but they assured me this was "normal". They loaned me another GT86 while investigating which had no issues at all so the best solution they would offer me was to swap the gearbox between the two cars. In 9 months I have not had an issue since. If the dealer is inexperienced with handling issues like this it might need a side by side cold test to compare gearboxes so they can see why you're unhappy with it.

The gearbox in my car was terrible, could not even select 2nd at all within the first 5 miles but they assured me this was "normal". They loaned me another GT86 while investigating which had no issues at all so the best solution they would offer me was to swap the gearbox between the two cars. In 9 months I have not had an issue since. If the dealer is inexperienced with handling issues like this it might need a side by side cold test to compare gearboxes so they can see why you're unhappy with it.

Thing is, not many danish Toyota dealers have an (extra) GT86 - so it will be difficult for them to do a side by side cold test. Instead I told them to leave the car out overnight, and take it for a spin in the morning tomorrow, then they will see for them selves how it is when its cold.

Just got the car back, and it feels a little better - but it was not that cold when I picked up the car.

The dealer had a talk with Toyota Denmark, and Toyota Denmark told the dealer that the Fensport insert is more for gearboxes on racing conditions, and not really suitable for my use, and not for fixing my "issues".

They have changed the transmission oil to a different kind after advice from Toyota Denmark, so guess I will see in the morning if there are any real difference.

But GOD am I glad that I am not to drive the Aygo they lend me one more day!!