Sign in to follow this  
glynn

Dashcam footage of minor incident - Any way to contact parties?

On the way to work this morning was stuck directly behind a large articulated lorry, suspect quite lost, making its way rather painfully down a narrow twisty road, when the inevitable happened and it scraped past a (stopped) oncoming car, showering little expensive bits of metal on the road

Bizarely, the driver of the car got out and looked at the front (only the front) of his car, the pile of bits on the road, and seemed to conclude it was all off the lorry before driving off without getting any details, but as he went past, saw a nasty gouge out of his rear wheel arch.

So, I have dashcam recording of this (not looked at it yet, but should be fairly clear).

Is there any way I can/should let the driver of the car (or indeed the lorry) know I have the recording? 

Could notify the police but doubt they'd give a hoot.  Any other options?

Yes you can contact the DVLA and explan your cause for wanting their information. If it is a legitimate reason, they can bypass the data protection act and provide you with their address.

I'd say if you have evidence of an accident the DVLA would assist you here. Let us know how you get on and its nice to see someone actually caring for once so well done to you!