matt

Hayward Scott Exhaust fitted

I've just fitted the following:

H&S Backbox

H&S Back pipe with large silencer

H&S Overpipe

I'm quite surprised at how loud the car is under light throttle.  Car is quite loud on startup from cold (when rev's are higher).

It also has a very deep tone.

I was expecting something only slightly louder than stock under light throttle, with more noise near the top end.

Does this sound normal?  Plus I thought the H&S with large silencer would be one of the quietest on the market.....

I brought the exhaust second hand, so its already has carbon'd up nicely, so not expecting a change in noise.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Rob.  It's probably not that loud in comparison to other exhausts.  I'd like to hear a resonated milltek in the flesh though.

As for the startup noise, I can get round it by putting it straight into drive or reverse (auto gear box). If I remap it I would probably like the increased startup  revs at cold removed.

There is a slight drone in the cabin at cruising speeds, but its very slight, I've certainly been in worse.

Do you know anyone in Harrogate, Leeds are or surround with a resonated milltek?  Long shot I know.....

I originally had the H & S system with unresonated centre section. Found it great. When the Sprintex went on the 2nd cat was removed and a Cobra decat (resonated) pipe put in its place. Now it is fantastic. Deep at low revs but when you open it up it has a real growl to it. On Map 2 it is sensational. Was going to quieten it but not now, love it to bits ! It has unleashed a bit of the flat 4 burble and is a great pensioner / grockle scarer on Bognor seafront !