DaveB

Other engines...

I do like my naturally aspirated FA20 engine, but has anyone any information about an EJ engine swap? I know you can turbo or supercharge the FA20, but the EJ comes with a factory turbo!

Where's your entrepreneurial spirit?!

I'm more going on the guide that if lots of people aren't doing it already it's probably not worth doing. Hit the link but that takes you to a page of vids on youtube. Which one is it? 

Theres an FA20DIT available to buy on ebay £2500. 

But its not just a case of dropping in a new engine. 

ECU, Wireing, Air Con, Cooling, Power Steering etc etc.

Probably more money than it's worth. And a Turbo or SC would produce more power, less money and more reliable. 

Apparently the 3.0H6 isn't too hard to drop in. Would've been on my options list had situations been different..

If I'd been forced to keep my BRZ that would have been one of my options. Which engine did they use? The older H6 I'm guessing?

It isnt even close to a drop in. The FA20 was designed to be compact to fit in a GT86/BRZ. The closest thing would be an FA20DIT but even then it would require a fair bit for work. Stu over on the other form looked into it. The FA20DIT does give you an idea of what subaru considered nessessary to add force induction to the FA20....