Danellen2989

Black toyota badges

Guys,

I'm looking to buy black Toyota badges for the back and front of my GT86. I'm just wondering if any of you know where I can get these for at the correct size to replace original ones. Also not looking to spend too much money (like some I've seen!) if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Also, any tips of getting the toyota badges off?

Regards

I got a set of Black Chrome for my car, just used hot water to remove them, the front ones do also have two small clips.

I was able to remove the front one without taking the bumper off.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/list.php?adt=1&dl=2&cm=178&md_sm=2%3A32&pm=298&skwd1=

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1497-ians-gt86/page-8

haha, deja vu ;-)

I used my faithful plastic camping knife and priced them off - job done. I happened to be very lucky and my front badge didn't have a clip holding the badge on, but usually one of the locating pins has a washer on the other side holding it in. To get to it you would need to remove the bumper I believe. However, it looks like others have snapped it, no big deal really.

As far at buying the black replacement ones, I spent a stupid amount of money on them and after one track day at Snetterton, the black had chipped and the badges are actually silver underneath. I then tried to repaint them, but they also chipped. I ended up using a black marker pen to fill in all the little silver chips!

The black marker pen has actually stayed on quite well, as you can see from the picture. I tested it on Sunday with some spirited driving and so far so good B-)

Here is mine:

post-229-0-58772900-1408443157_thumb.jpg