mattpierce

Pesky pigeons

I was washing the car the other day and I cleaned off some bird muck.

After I had dried the car I noticed a stain left by the mess. I tried a specific cleaner and it appeared to work but the sun caught it yesterday and I noticed that the stain was still there.

It kind of looks like the residual mess left by a sticker.

Can anyone offer me some advice on the best thing to use to get it off?

I think the lesson is to definitely clean it straight away...

My Clio ended up with some serious baked on bird crap, it was only on there for an hour or two but it was so hot that summer that it seriously backed, either that or the bird had serious diarrheoea cos when I removed it, it had turned the paint slightly yellow.  Tried washing it, didn't try polishing it I don't think but it did eventually disappear over time........not really info to help.....just my bird poo story for the day  :D  :ph34r:  

Tried a clay bar. Didn't work! It is a weird one. The surface is like elsewhere on the car but it looks like the stain is on the paint work!

I think this explains why that will be the case sadly - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8495819/The-real-reason-why-bird-droppings-damage-your-car.html

However, this explains how some diy machine polishing and reglaze treatment should be able to fix things without a trip to a bodyshop  - http://guidetodetailing.com/damage-repair/how-to-repair-bird-poop-damage/

I find the best way is to put on a protective coat. Normal waxes don't do squat from stuff like that. I've used armourall shield and dirt birds poo etc just wipes off on washed. Very good product I also use conventional wax on different days