Adamb

HU electrical plug pins

Right,   doing the reversing camera, and need to make up the cable for the HU  all i need is the correct pins for the plug

However i can't find them anywhere!  Can anyone tell me anywhere local or online i can get them?

Im sure Keethos or jay can help me when they read this :)

was hoping to do it all today but dont think thats gonna happen now :(

PM Jay or Keethos, i'm not sure you will find them online seeing as they were the two that worked out the wiring in the first place!

They should of put it in the how to guides by now!

i can do the wiring, its litterally just the square female pins i need :'(  

dealer said they cant get them, no where round here has them.

Ive spoke to an auto electrician and he said he has some but not till tuesday wanted to get it done this weekend :/ 

Yeah sorry Rob, I've got it all written up again but wanted to add on what Jay (I.e. not use a new 16pin connector) did for his and the others but he hasn't got back to me with anything yet.

But yeah, I got my harness of the American fella and Jay would reuse the existing connector by just jabbing the new wires into it....how exactly I'm not sure and how they stay in but he's not had any issues with them coming out again.

It's difficult to find the connector and pins as no one knows the actual names/part numbers for them.

hopefully by the sounds of it  my dealer friend has a company they use who are willing to sell me the pins :D  

so il find out tuesday if they are the correct ones or not and then if they are il buy quite a few.

the way i have been looking it basically means you crimp the 3 new pins on (1 for power pin 7, 1 for the camera signal pin 8 and finally 1 for the earth pin 16)  So crimp these on then basically remove the 16 pin connector, push them into the correct locations till they click and locate then replace the original 16 pin connector into the HU and voila.

the pins can be removed relatively easily as i removed the handbrake signal pin earlier today to check the pin type.

Il post my findings on tuesday