get some dental floss, boil a kettle pour it over the badge. The run the dental floss behind the badge.

Use tar remover or something of similar calibur to remove the sticky residue. It can take a while..

Either method should be fine but you may find the water helps lube the floss and allows you to kinda saw away more easily.  It is just the letters you want removing right....not the actual Toyota Badge right?  As that has 2 pins to located it so because removing that!

A blow dryer will work, I only say boiling water as it's the only thing that will get rid of condensation under the lacquer which probably isn't prominent on the GT86 but on older cars most certainly is!

As Keith said, yes you should use the floss as a saw :P

Hey all.. The junk is finally off the trunk. I used boiling water, fishing wire, Auto Glym adhesive remover and t cut scratch remover. Such a difference without the "Toyota" on the back. Looks sleeker! Would be nice to post a pic but we only have a 500kb limit lol 

No way Jose! Thats the best badge ive seen on a car! lol Oh spoken to mark @ abbey! Mods going on first week of April during my easter leave. Also gone for the 25mm drop! Oh yeah! 

Nice one! Let me know when, i'm only up the road :)

I can report the kettle technique worked very well for me.. I only removed the TOYOTA badge. I had a hot air blower on stand by, but didn't need it. Polish was good enough to remove the residue of gunk.

Thinking about taking the GT86 badge off too. Not sure.

More importantly, hello everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can report the kettle technique worked very well for me.. I only removed the TOYOTA badge. I had a hot air blower on stand by, but didn't need it. Polish was good enough to remove the residue of gunk.

Thinking about taking the GT86 badge off too. Not sure.

More importantly, hello everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Adam, introduce yourself in the Newbies section :) A lot of us have taken both badges off, the Toyota one definitely has to go though!  :lol: