Arekkz

Spotted: BRZ in FM5 on Xbox One

Hmmmmm......really don't think they should have used that paint scheme on the BRZ, it looks terrible in both a graphical sense and general looks sense.  I know it's still early days but I hope that next gen graphics gets better than that for the Xbox, it doesn't actually look all that next gen to me.  Do you know much about this scaling up to 1080p rather than it being native Alex?

I agree Keethos, As a lifelong supporter of PC gaming, the chips chosen for the XB1 and PS4 sadden me. To put it in perspective, the chips (APU - CPU and GPU combined) chosen for both consoles are expected to retail for less than £130 each. This also makes me question how much profit M$ is making on each console, considering they likely get each and every component for less than retail... I have a blindingly quick gaming PC. I may get a One at some point (mainly for FM5), but I will certainly not be an early adopter. Happy to share my PC specs if this is of interest. Sarah

I agree, PC performance will always be better than consoles but they definitely can't win the so call "console war".  PC's have always been more powerful yet there are hardly any amazingly powerful games for it, only some decent PC versions of the main stream games.  So it often doesn't really matter how powerful your PC was, you didn't have any decent games that would utilise that power as there were just poor PC ports.

That trend is slowly changing in favour of PC's, there are now more and more dedicated PC versions which look and perform better but there will still be quite a few console only games.

Yeah I agree, it doesn't matter how powerful the PC, I'm always going to be a console gamer. Unless I'm playing an RTS, I prefer to use a controller. Yes I know I can just plug a controller into my PC, but it's not the same thing. Sure you'll get better graphics on PC, but for me the overall experience on Xbox is just that much better.

Plus, I prefer the fact that when I buy a game, it's ready to go - I don't have to worry if my PC can handle it, or if I need a new graphics card, etc. Plus, I would take gameplay over graphics any day, so provided I'm having fun, then it doesn't matter where I am, and what resolution I'm playing in.

I've played on PC since I was about 8 and I get what you say about PC Graphics but in all honesty it's not the graphics that make the game, any good PC game generally drops the graphics for gameplay. I've owned consoles but do get bored of them I admit, but it's because the main games i play are FPS & RTS.

For me a Console is for Platformers, footy games and racing games. Or anything else like that (If you know what I mean)

Any games that need precision a Mouse & KB will always win for me. Proof that Graphics do not matter on PC, BF4 sucks ass (probably because EA butted their ore in and said lets develop on the xbox) and just ported it. Graphically it's pleasing, but because of this, they put Lag compensation in, this is a competitive Gamers worst nightmare and why there isn't currently an FPS worth playing pretty much since the days of 1.6, Q4, UT2k4 etc.

A game for me needs a competitive scene, that is well thought out and actually has gameplay mechanics that aren't bugged and can be glitched. Something which seems all too familiar with the majority of Games these days and it sucks. Currently my game of choice is DOTA2, it works, the graphics are good, nothing even  a 360 couldn't handle though IMO but it's such a well thought out game that it's enjoyable. More so than Crashfield 4 is... (Every time i play it it crashes on me, obvious port is obvious) I will also try Heroes when the beta roles out.

I read a post earlier saying how the architecture of these consoles is good for PC gaming. It so isn't, it means the PC market will get flooded with even more ports. 

Alex, what is your thoughts on COD: Ghosts? apparently the campaign is like 3 hours long. 

I didn't actually buy Ghosts this time round, figured I'd wait till next gen to pick it up, but I've played it at a few events and tbh it's the same old thing really. Sure there are tweaks to the gameplay, things work slightly differently, but at the end of the day, it's CoD.

As for the campaign, they are always notoriously short, but 3 hours is pretty low. I haven't played it myself, so can't vouch for that, but I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

gameplay for Ghosts will be mostly the same, it's the textures that have gotten the complete overhaul. but why couldn't they admit that when they first came out with information at the Xbone launch? "it's a completely new engine". and a few weeks or months later: "no no no, it's the same basic engine, we have just managed to tweak it so we  can have more detailed textures". so it wil look better, but it will still play like it did when Modern Warfare came out

Yeah, I've not even played the previous COD yet (the one based in the future), played and completed all the previous on veteran (bar world at war which I gave up on right at the end because it got way too difficult in a seriously cheap way....where enemies would just bombard you with grenades none stop), but I've been slacking so not brought the previous or latest COD yet, I will do eventually but def won't be playing online.....can't be doing with it anymore, BattleField4 online maybe as I really enjoyed BF3 but I'm waiting till I get next gen next year sometime!