DGT86R

Wide body wheel fitment advice

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of trouble with the wheels I want up front. They are 18” 9.75J ET+20

My car is wide bodied so I need them to fill the arches. I’ve tried 30mm spacers and they make the wheels flush so I am happy with that however, I want to be sure they won’t rub on the suspension before I get tires fitted. The previous wheels were 18” 9.5J ET-34 with 225/40/18 on...new tires for new wheels will be the same.

I’ve attached a pic of the distance between suspension and wheel...I did measure it and I think it was about 2 or 3cm I can’t be sure.

Would any of you guys know if they will rub?

Thanks in advance 

202A848D-6C2C-467D-B134-4DE30F1738C1.jpeg

Use this https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=40&diameter=18&wheelwidth=9.5&offset=-34&width2=235&aspect2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=10&offset2=20

If you're going from 9.5J -34 to 9.75J (10J) +20 will move the wheel 60mm closer to the strut than it was. So if you have 3cm to play with now AND use 30mm spacers, you'll be very close :D 

Hmm, I imagine it being tight. According to that calculator, my new wheels compared to stock (215/45 17” 7J ET+48?) will be 20mm away from the suspension which gives me confidence. Might just have to try it and see what happens!

Just in case it helps anyone, 18” 9.75J ET+20 with 30mm spacers on 225/40 just about fits (not road tested). Not close to the inner (suspension), but close to the front and back of the wheel arch...very close but I’m confident it’ll be fine.