GraemeI

[Wanted] Bootlid with no spoiler

I am sure this is an oldie but goodie, but thought I would ask anyway :D 

Have blue bootlid including stock spoiler to swap or sell if I can find one with no spoiler.  First things first though! B)

Looking for the below :) 

media.jpg

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Could always put your car into a wall at Blyton and get Toyota to replace it with one....

:(

Hmm..... *plans low speed crash into wall with appropriate height protrusions*

Always good to know! Best I go look that up!  I wasn't too bothered if painted or not - I have to get some spray done anyway, so adding the bootlid would be fine :)

Should be on the sticker on the bonnet what code yours is, pre 2015 is generally E8H, post is K3X. If you're already re-painting it might be easier just to get your holes filled and that section re-painted rather than starting from scratch and painting one.

11 hours ago, Steeps said:

Should be on the sticker on the bonnet what code yours is, pre 2015 is generally E8H, post is K3X. If you're already re-painting it might be easier just to get your holes filled and that section re-painted rather than starting from scratch and painting one.

Cheaper too.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Cheaper too.

In theory, but the body shops I have spoken to say it will cost less to get a replacement bootlid as the holes all have to be welded and filled and labour cost will be higher than getting one clean :huh:  Cost from Toyota is £450, plus £200 for spray which is why I am asking here B)

51 minutes ago, Innersphere said:

In theory, but the body shops I have spoken to say it will cost less to get a replacement bootlid as the holes all have to be welded and filled and labour cost will be higher than getting one clean :huh:  Cost from Toyota is £450, plus £200 for spray which is why I am asking here B)

Bollocks to that mate, bodyshop took my spoiler off, filled holes and sprayed for £300. Will got his done for around that as well.

Where are you trying, look for an independent bodyshop?

49 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bollocks to that mate, bodyshop took my spoiler off, filled holes and sprayed for £300. Will got his done for around that as well.

Where are you trying, look for an independent bodyshop?

I got mine done for £260 including the fitting of an Aero spoiler, I got it slightly cheaper but would only be about 300 or so

Clearly I need to visit better places!!

The guys I saw said they don't like filling as they said the holes can start showing after a while when the paint and filler settles.

25 minutes ago, Innersphere said:

Clearly I need to visit better places!!

The guys I saw said they don't like filling as they said the holes can start showing after a while when the paint and filler settles.

I got told by two different body shops not to get them filled due to that exact reason, I got them welded so should always be perfect