mike-p

Adrian Flux

I've just been royally screwed by Adrian Flux, I renewed my policy on the Cossie on 28th March as I had no idea when the car would sell. Sold the car today, refund of policy from Adrian Flux came to £209, so in effect I paid £181 for 17 days insurance. No wonder the customer services person sounded very embarrassed.

Avoid like the plague.

In defence of Adrian Flux, how much of that fee is tax and other BS that they won't get a refund on?

Not saying it's excusable, and the amount does sound very unfair, but it's not totally black and white.

I've cancelled insurance when I've sold cars 3-4 times it's simply an admin fee, they obviously only have to pay tax on the money they have kept from you and it would be counted monthly so the tax would be tiny. Various places the cancellation fee was always 40-60£ (direct line, quotemehappy and admiral I think I've cancelled with)

18 hours ago, jevvy said:

I've cancelled insurance when I've sold cars 3-4 times it's simply an admin fee, they obviously only have to pay tax on the money they have kept from you and it would be counted monthly so the tax would be tiny. Various places the cancellation fee was always 40-60£ (direct line, quotemehappy and admiral I think I've cancelled with)

I'm with Adrian flux at the moment and my insurance is 1400£ yes I look d EVERYWHERE and yes they were the cheapest. I could get 900£ unmodded but what's the point in that! 

On 13/04/2017 at 4:16 PM, mike-p said:

I've just been royally screwed by Adrian Flux, I renewed my policy on the Cossie on 28th March as I had no idea when the car would sell. Sold the car today, refund of policy from Adrian Flux came to £209, so in effect I paid £181 for 17 days insurance. No wonder the customer services person sounded very embarrassed.

Avoid like the plague.

Sorry to hear this, if you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Regards

Dan

Very similar story when I swapped from my mx5 to my 86 Mike.

Had renewed a month prior, lost about £230 as they told me I'd have to go on to a different type of policy so cancelled my old one and started a new one due to the 86 not being as modified as my mx5 was.

in their favour, they were still cheaper than anyone else so still ended up staying 

Guys I've had several contacts with AF over he past week, I'm pleased to say I've had a further refund following my complaint. 

Rule 1 don't let an insurance company get away with unfair charges, complain, make a LOT of noise, get their attention.

Rule 2 get the Financial Ombudsman involved.

Rule 3 be polite to the person in company's customer service department that contacts you, it wasn't their mistake, they are trying to sort it for you.

Rule 4 if that doesn't sort it, see Rules 1 and 2.

Hope this helps.