Xrkc6x

MOT

hey guys, can anybody tell me how the MOT test is performed in the UK? this is the first time and I am wondering if my car will pass since I have no cat :) I ave already been looking around internet checking for manuals and all info I can find, I just wanna know from you.

thanks

if you have 0 cats there is no chance in hell are you passing the emissions test without any fiddling, you might be able to sneak the visual check but definitely not the emissions

4 minutes ago, Tareim said:

if you have 0 cats there is no chance in hell are you passing the emissions test without any fiddling, you might be able to sneak the visual check but definitely not the emissions

Trying to understand if our car for 2 or 1 cat and if Febsport ever removed it, is there any way to see if I got the cat or not?

you will need to jack the car up and remove the undertray to see if there is a bulge around where the 2 sensors are fitted that will likely mean there is still a cat in the manifold, our cars have 2 standard, one in the manifold, one in the front pipe after the over pipe

2 minutes ago, Tareim said:

you will need to jack the car up and remove the undertray to see if there is a bulge around where the 2 sensors are fitted that will likely mean there is still a cat in the manifold, our cars have 2 standard, one in the manifold, one in the front pipe after the over pipe

Sorry about the lack of knowledge I have here :) 

so my understanding is that these two cats are inside front pipe and into the manifold? So if this is true anybody change front pipe and install a turbo manifold has not cat anymore?

Chris,

As standard, the GT86 has a two cats - a primary cat in the exhaust manifold (which was replaced by the AVO turbo manifold) and a secondary cat in the front 'cat' pipe, which you replaced with a 3" catless pipe.  So, unless you have had it changed since your turbo kit and Ultimate racing exhaust was fitted, you car does not have any cat, so will definitely not pass the MOT emission test.  my car has the AVO 3" overpipe and highflow cat pipe, and it has passed its first MOT.  Your best bet will be to get an aftermarket cat fitted in the front pipe.

As an aside for anyone who is running a totally catless system, a word or warning, if you have the misfortune to have to make an insurance claim, you could find that your car is technically uninsured (I was told this by Sky Insurance), which is why I had the AVO cat pipe fitted to my car, way before the first MOT was due.

Dave

20 minutes ago, Pitman said:

As standard, the GT86 has 2 primary cats in the exhaust manifold (which was replaced by the AVO turbo manifold) and a secondary cat in the front 'cat' pipe,

The manifold only has a single cat...

Hahahahah

rob kindly suggested me to fit the old one (stock) while doing the mot, I was convinced that it was not compatible with the flanges but apparently it is so problem solved