griffinnn

Test drove a 2014 GTR today...

Holy france does it go! Fastest car i've ever been in by a long way, hands down. The steering is remarkably light for such a heavy car and it was far more comfortable than i thought it was going to be, although we were in comfort mode the whole way. I wanted one before and this has only increased the want. Hopefully in a couple of years when they 2010-11 models have depreciated just a little bit more i might be in a better position to think about buying one, but if you ever get the chance to drive one do it.

I spoke to the guy about that. He said that you can do 3 launches and then you have to take it in to get Nissan to check it over before you launch any more. If you launch all the time without getting it checked over then you will void the warranty.

Similarly if you're planning on tracking the car you have to go before to get pre track checks and then afterward for more checks. It's all a bit of a headache by the sounds of it!

It's almost as if they don't think the car is reliable... which is a bit concerning?

It's the gearbox i reckon, they have been know to blow from what i've read. There was a software update released for it this year and that's pretty much all i know about it, apart from the fact it's £16k for a new one.

I spoke to a guy at the Toyota Spritn at the weekend that had a 780bhp GTR. 

He said the whole void warrenty thing with Launch Control was bit of a myth and it's down to the specific dealers. 

Older 2009 ones were more of a problem. But the new ones are fine and have no problem with warrenty. There was a huge law suite in the US about it. 

Again we only hear about the horror stories from the rouge dealers.