Ok, I'll have a go: attach Bluetooth ELM237 or related OBDII reader to port, turn on ignition (no need to start car, but can help later for some real readings) sync with phone launch Android app "Torque Pro" Connect to car and make profile for it. Settings on main page -> Manage extra PIDs/Sensors -> add Custom PID PID 2101, name to taste, minimum temp -40, maximum temp 215, scale factor x1, equation AC-40, OBD Header 7E0 . I cribbed these settings verbatim from elsewhere and the results look legit ( but I can hardly confirm them without a more expensive solution, see Smudge above) Open dashboard Add new display (long press on an empty spot) Scan down list of sensors until you find oil temp as you named it above. The list is very long and mostly useless to you, but there's a few nuggets in there That's from memory, and there's some guesswork needed on the car's vital statistics to help Torque compute certain variables. e.g. a bad body weight will over- or underestimate torque and power figures. Volumetric efficiency is another poorly documented black box, that is probably mainly useful for fuel economy estimates.