Nemesis

Cat back & manifold advice

I'm thinking of getting a UEL & cat back exhaust fitted with remap this summer & as I live in West Yorkshire I'm looking for recommendations where I can have the work done in the north

When I first got my 86 a few years ago I did a lot of looking on YouTube & did like the Borla & Magnaflow cat back combination as I am after a deep tone & not raspy & would like my 86 to sound like that but as I've not been active on here for a few years due to personal problems but I'm now wanting to start to modify my car but don't know what new exhausts & headers are now available so after advice please

I have some health problems so going to somewhere like Abbey would be too far as I am unable to drive a few hundred miles

When I was looking for similar mods at the start of my BRZ journey, I would have liked a deep tone like that.  One discovery is that superchargers create more noise, turbos less.  Also, UELs are louder than EL.  You have to sew this knowledge into the cars and videos you watch.

There's also the question of living with it day to day.  Mine creates enough noise to attract some attention but is not hooligan loud.  I now have a Rogue EL manifold with TD full exhaust (with super-resonator) and the 2nd cat still in place so that I can pass the MOT.  With the Harrop supercharger, it's as loud as I'm prepared to put up with commuting 80 miles per day.

Tuning Developments used to be a good option in the past but there are loads of recent negative reviews by members , so I will suggest you avoid.

Why don't you buy the parts you like from who ever offers you the best price and get it fitted from your trusted independent or main Toyota, Subaru dealer. It is quite an easy job for any competent mechanic. You don't need a tune to drive home. Once back get a remote ECUTEK tune from Abbey or Fensport for your hardware combination. They will rent you the hardware needed to tune and its quite easy to do it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I will have an ARK GriP catback (polished tip) for sale soon.  https://www.torqen.uk/toyota/toyota-gt86/exhausts/exhaust-systems/3851-toyota-gt86-ark-grip-exhaust-system-burnt-tip-sm1202-0213g.html  Purchased and fitted Oct 20.  This is lovely deep sounding system even with the standard manifold. It also does't drone at all due to the nature of the Helmholtz design.