Sign in to follow this  
Whizo

Fitting Question

Hi all.

I am desperate to find an answer to my question.  I am getting so many mixed answers that I don’t know which is the correct answer or not.

I have a set of wheels, 18x8.5 et35 with a 225/35/18 on the front and 18x9.5 et35 with a 245/35/18 on the rear.  The car is fitted with BC Racing coilovers.  

Some people have said the rears will not fit. Some say you will need lower control arms to add camber to get the wheels to tuck inside the arch and then others have said that you don’t need lower control arms because when you lower the car it will naturally camber and the wheels will fit.  Some have even said that they have done it on their cars. 

So I just wanted to know it anyone here has actually got this size wheel to fit without any other mods like lower control arms etc or does anyone knows if they will fit.  Thanks all.

4 hours ago, Lmc said:

They will fit easily without lower control arms here is mine which is 9.5 et 30 without control arms.

6B6C6D0B-207A-4369-9170-0C301E9CE88B.jpeg

If my rears are et35 won’t they stick more than your et30 wheels? 

1 hour ago, Whizo said:

If my rears are et35 won’t they stick more than your et30 wheels? 

No your wheels at Et35 will sit 5mm further in than ET30 wheels. The wheels would be ET25 to stick out further.

20 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

No your wheels at Et35 will sit 5mm further in than ET30 wheels. The wheels would be ET25 to stick out further.

Thank you so much, the whole offset thing confuses me.