Jay Bamrah

HELP- reyland brake stock wheel clearance

Hey guys,

I fitted my reyland brake kit with my stock alloys and it does not have clearance. I need a 4 or 5 mm spacer.

I have heard so many horror stories with spacers. Any advice on which ones to buy or other ideas would be so helpful.

what I need is a 4-6mm spacer for brake caliper clearance. Any link to a good spacer for my car would be so helpful 

thanks

01D9E286-2DE6-4FD5-9A67-C593F6BADEF1.jpeg

There's nothing particularly wrong with good quality hub-centric spacers that either have their own studs, or include longer studs. It's much the same as having a different offset wheel. The issues are mainly when people try to use the original studs and there isn't enough thread for the wheel nuts, and the increased load on the hub bearings is negligiable for the sort of spacer sizes involved here.

6 minutes ago, Shad said:

There's nothing particularly wrong with good quality hub-centric spacers that either have their own studs, or include longer studs. It's much the same as having a different offset wheel. The issues are mainly when people try to use the original studs and there isn't enough thread for the wheel nuts, and the increased load on the hub bearings is negligiable for the sort of spacer sizes involved here.

Do you recommend any spacer for me?

Get some 15mm Eibach hubcentric bolt on (System 4) spacers Jay. That will do the trick and fill the arches nicely, they also do them in black which would suit your black on black combo.

Lots of internet myths on the safety of spacers. There is nothing wrong with them as long as you stick with a reputable brand and understand what you are doing.

I second varelco. I use 15mm eibach bolt on spacers when I run stock wheels.

If you run 6mm spacers you will need to replace your wheels studs with longer ones which is quite involved.

15mm spacers on stock wheels look much better. Fitting is easy although torquing the bolts on the front spacers is a bit of a pain.

Just remember that 50miles after first fitting the bolt on spacers, you need to take the wheels off and check/retorque the spacer nuts. Then 50miles after that check/retorque the wheel nuts.

10 minutes ago, KAS said:

I second varelco. I use 15mm eibach bolt on spacers when I run stock wheels.

If you run 6mm spacers you will need to replace your wheels studs with longer ones which is quite involved.

15mm spacers on stock wheels look much better. Fitting is easy although torquing the bolts on the front spacers is a bit of a pain.

Just remember that 50miles after first fitting the bolt on spacers, you need to take the wheels off and check/retorque the spacer bolts. Then 50miles after that check/retorque the wheel nuts.

Do you have any photos pls 

I have the Eibach spacers too on my stock aero wheels and have the Reyland kit. 

Ran them for years with no issues even when driven hard. 

Bought mine from Autodoc as that was the cheapest place.