WB_86

Michelin Pilot Sport 5?

After 4 years on the car my original Primacies are starting to perish/get surface cracks and are ready for replacement. I know a lot of people rate the PS4 for road use but, in looking for new tyres, it looks like the PS4 has been discontinued and replaced by the Pilot Sport 5.

Has anyone tried the Pilot Sport 5s yet? 

The Pilot Sport 5 even out yet? I’d be curious as to what they are like too.

Personally I’m not a fan of Michelin tyres. I went with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym 5’s over PS4’s. But would also like to see what the PS5’s are like.

So the PS4 was long overdue replacement and was superseded by Goodyear Eagle ASY5s on most measurable parameters.

The PS5 has quietly sneaked in. Currently Michelin are on a marketing overdrive promoting Cross Climate 2 as its their best and market leading all season tyre and it is their most expensive road tyre and currently the right season for selling all season.

Knowing their history and quality I'll not think twice but go for them if they are available in the size you need as with new launches , they are size limited for a while.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Leeky said:

The Pilot Sport 5 even out yet?

Yes. I was looking online yesterday and in stock sizes could no longer find the PS4, only the PS5 was available.

Just to muddy the waters, there's a Pilot Sport All Season 4 that piqued my interest, but I haven't found them in this country at all.

Tyre reviews has promised a video soon comparing them to Cross Climate 2 which is the latest all season tyre in Europe. The reason PS4AS won't come here is the cost of EU homologation

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk